The last article, Breathe | Part 1, discussed the importance of proper breathing. This article will discuss – how to breathe properly.
Well I want you to set a three-minute breathing plan five times a day: 1] in the morning when you wake up, 2] In the mid-morning, 3] just after lunch, 4] In the afternoon 5] and before you hang out with your loved ones. 😉
Here’s how that looks:
- Find a place where you feel comfortable that has little distraction and sit with your feet on the ground with a straight back and start by smiling.
- Imagine you have a lovely flower close to your nose.
- Breathe in through your nose for five seconds.
- Hold it for another six seconds.
- Now breathe out through your mouth for the final seven seconds.
- Repeat the process for three minutes or until you feel conscious and present and connected (stop if you get lightheaded).
So, remember 5-6-7, 5 seconds in, 6 seconds held, and 7 seconds out.
Oh, another thing – don’t forget to do it before you are going to sleep.
If you need more help, please place a comment below. Also, let me know your feeling by posting a comment after practicing this exercise.
In the next article, I will write another Rule.